With his little scarf keeping him warm, this Retriever Puppy is ready for anything! This pattern includes step-by-step instructions and photos so you can create your own retriever friend. Whether your new to crochet and amigurumi or experienced, as long as you’re familiar with the basic stitches and reading crochet patterns you’ll be fine making this puppy 🙂 Any questions along the way you’re welcome to reach out on our contact page.
- The yarn in the pictures is Lionbrand Medium 4 weight Fisherman’s 100% wool, and the pattern uses about 40 yards/meters 🙂 Mohair yarn is more difficult to work with, but can create a fuzzier puppy look. I’ve used 8ply wool yarn for the scarf, which is optional but doesn’t use much yarn at all.
- 3.00mm hook
- Plastic safety eyes, buttons, a little bit of fabric, or a bit of black yarn to make the pupils of the eyes. I’ve used 8mm safety eyes in the puppy pictured.
- Plastic safety nose, a little bit of fabric, or a bit of black yarn to make the nose. I’ve used 14mm safety nose in the puppy pictured but in the original puppy just embroidered the black nose with yarn.
- Sewing pins to keep things in place as you stitch (not absolutely necessary, but can help keep things from sliding around)
- Marker to keep track of rounds (I use an extra little piece of yarn)
- Yarn needle (or smaller if you prefer to attach pieces with thread), scissors, general etc.
- The pattern is a downloadable PDF file, which you’ll have access to after your purchase. Please contact us if you’d like it mailed to you instead.
- This pattern uses US crochet terms
- You’re welcome to keep, gift, or sell any toys you make from this pattern!
Have any questions not answered here? Head on over to our contact page and we’ll help you out!