The debut crochet pattern here at Little Seal Designs! This Little Owlet amigurumi stands at about 3.5″ (9cm), 4.5″ (12cm) if you count the ears, and is based off of a long-eared owl. For this pattern you need to have basic-intermediate crochet and amigurumi skills, as well as be familiar with reading crochet patterns. Someone familiar with this kind of crochet should be able to finish it within two-three hours. Don’t let this frighten you if you’re a beginner, however, I’m happy to help if you get stuck on anything!
- Two colours of yarn (I used 4ply acrylic/wool mixes with a darker outside and lighter for the eyes, but feel free to mix and match! A variegated yarn for the main areas of the owl can add nice texture and a feathery look.) – This owl doesn’t use a whole lot, less than 50g of each.
- 3.00mm – 3.5mm crochet hook depending on your yarn weight and desired spacing. I used a 3.5mm hook for my owls and just made sure to try and keep my stitches tight.
- Plastic safety eyes, buttons, a little bit of fabric, or a bit of black yarn to make the pupils of the eyes. I’ve used 8mm safety eyes in the owlet pictured.
- Sewing pins to keep things in place as you stitch (not absolutely necessary, but can help keep things from sliding around)
- Marker to keep track of rounds (I use an extra little piece of yarn)
- Yarn needle (or smaller if you prefer to attach pieces with thread), scissors, general etc.
- The pattern is a downloadable PDF file, which you’ll have access to after your purchase. Please contact us if you’d like it mailed to you instead.
- This pattern uses US crochet terms
- You’re welcome to keep, gift, or sell any toys you make from this pattern!
Have any questions not answered here? Head on over to our contact page and we’ll help you out!